By Trish Valat
Earlier this week, Judd Legum’s Popular Information newsletter reported that, in recent years, 6 corporations contributed hundreds of thousands of dollars to Lawmakers behind 6 week abortion bans in Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama,Kentucky, Missouri and Ohio. There is a boycott being organized against these corporations. They are:
- AT&T – $196,600 total with $113,00 going to the governor of Alabama;
- Eli Lilly – , $66, 250 , including $30,000 to the governor of ALabama, Kay Ivey. Also, $7,000 to the Speaker of the Mississippi House, Phillip Gunn;
- Walmart – $57, 700 total, with $7,000 going to the governor f Ohio, Mike De Wine and $10,000 to the Ohio Senate President, Larry Obhof.
- Pfizer – $53, 650, including $6600 to the governor of Georgia, Brian Kemp and $12, 700 to the Ohio Governor, Mike De Wine.
- Coca-Cola – $40,800, total, including $10,000 to the governor of Georgia, and, $6,600 to the governor of Georgia;
- Aetna – $26,600 total including $6,600 to the governor of Georgia and $5,250 to the Ohio State Senate President.
Now it’s easy to see what Governor Ivey of Alabama so readily signed their awful anti abortion bill. She made $143,000 on that bill alone. Wonder how much money she’s taken for signing other bills?
Please boycott these corporations.